Monday, July 21, 2014

Turn Any Device Into a Kindle

Share it Please
I've had a lot of potential readers ask me how they can read Anything Less Than Everything if they don't have a Kindle. As of right now, the book is only available on Amazon for Kindle, though it will eventually be available through Barnes & Noble for NOOK, and I am working on the paperback version. In the meantime, though, I thought I'd post clearer instructions for reading books via the many Kindle apps (clearer than, "just download an app, like I have been saying).

First, find the device you will be using from this list. There are so many to choose from-PCs, Macs, phones, tablets--whatever.



Next, open the app from your device and connect it to your Amazon.com account. If you don't already have an account, how have you been getting your Christmas shopping done? you'll need to create one. Here are some troubleshooting guides from Amazon.

You might have to update your One-Click payment settings before you can make a purchase, as Kindle content requires One-Click. I use gift cards to keep myself from getting in trouble! And that should be it! I can't make purchases from the Kindle store in-app, so I buy on my laptop (or phone from Amazon full site mode) and use the pull-down menu to tell it where to send my purchase, which you may not see if you don't have four Kindles, a laptop, two ipads, an ipod, and an iphone attached to your account. Oops.

Hopefully that at least gives you a place to start in reading Kindle books if you don't have a Kindle, though I realllllly recommend the device! I don't always carry mine around, especially if I aleady have other devices with me, but it's small enough for my purse and inexpensive enough that I don't worry much about just tossing it in there. And then I always have my books with me--a must in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

The Twitterverse

Follow